Pages

22 Feb 2016

Double Page Spread Development


I started by creating a Photoshop document A3 landscape to function as a double page spread made up of 2 A4 pages. In this way I could see how both halves of the spread looked together which would have been more difficult on 2 separate documents.

I then created a bleed border/gutter using the New Guide Layout option under View and then a margined centre line to split the page in half and complete the bleed border.

I then dragged a text box to fill the left side of the page and pasted in my pre-formatted article. I then used a free column add-on to create a 3 column layout within the text box. The faux drop cap here was created by indenting the first few lines to the same point, using the text tool to create a blown up version of the first letter and placing it in the space.

I emboldened both the topic titles and quotations to make them stand out to the reader and then increased the size of the quotes as this is a common convention and adds more visual interest to the page than just plain text.