Pages

22 Feb 2016

Double Page Spread Development


On the right side of the page I then brought in a photo of one of my models taken in a moody outdoor setting with industrial accents in the doors in the background, this mise en scene is ideal for indie photographs. To add a professional look and tie this side of the page to the left I used the same editing technique described here and eyedropped the dark grey from the left text as the overlay colour.

Too add artistic flair and help tie the 2 sides together further I created a circle shape and filled it with the orange-gold colour and changed the blend mode to Hard Light so that the photo was still visible behind whilst adding the vibrant colour as an overlay. I then took a large round brush with 0% hardness and painted out the corner of the clipping mask on the circle overlay to add interest and lessen the dramatic effect.

I used the exact same editing effect to add another photo of the model to the left side to fill the white space and introduce more of the gold on that page to keep the house style.