Pages

23 Nov 2015

Contents Page Dev 1


I first made a guide layout so that I could make sure everything was precise and in-line. I left a 1cm margin around the bottom and sides as a gutter so the reader doesn't feel too overwhelmed. I left a 2cm margin at the top as I knew I wanted some sort of text to go here such as 'Track Contents' and put a guide in between this margin so I knew if the text was perfectly centred. I then filled areas of the grid with different coloured rectangle tools to mark out the different entries. I knew I needed a mix of images and text from my research into other contents pages such as NME and so the smaller boxes will be for the text and the larger for images.


I then took my Masthead logo, shrank it down to the average readable font size- 12 and coloured it white to contrast with my charcoal grey background. I used the same font as the logo to type the word Contents with the text tool in the same size and colour and put this alongside. I then created a separate text tool and typed the issue number and date as this is important info especially for collectors. I put this in 2 different weights but still in the same font to distinguish between not only the issue and date, but also from the other text on the page which would mostly be Ultra weight.


I used the text tool to create titles for my image sections, still in the Alright Sans font. The titles are ultra weight and 24px and the smaller description text is 12px and medium weight to keep a neat ratio and so it doesn't look too big and overpowering on the page. The images of the named people will go behind this text. I will add page numbers when I work out a way for them to look good. The blank boxes will most likely be for text.