Pages

25 Nov 2016

Digipak Development


I then formatted the track list in a conventional style as shown in my style models and flat plan. I used the serif font for the track titles and the sans-serif for additional details and the numbering.

I then knew that copyright information was conventional for a CD back and important show authenticity and identify the true owners on forged copies. Therefore I came up with the album's typically conglomerate record label "Zeos Music" and its subsidiary "Zap!" and followed conventional text-based record label logo aesthetic to make it realistic.


I then created copyright text following the conventions of real CD copyright language and also, like most modern CD's included a web link so users can take advantage of web 2.0 and access further information on the artist.

I also grabbed a barcode image from Google and cropped it to be vertically shorter in accordance to real CD barcodes.

I then put these all onto the back of my digipak in the way plotted on my flat plan.


I have used my pink swatch to highlight the record label logos and make them stand out against the other items on this panel. I will keep this colour coordination constant throughout the materials.


I decided that the bonus section of the track list didn't stand out enough, this could leave the reader unsure at a glance what their special edition bought them, so I employed the highlighting technique shown in my moodboard. I made a yellow rectangle shape and layered it under the text. The overall look this gives is modernist and sort of random, like a Mondrian. This idea stems from the Gorillas digipak which incorporated a similar technique using an image bleed.