Pages

26 Oct 2016

Music Video Questionnaire Results


This shows that my audience would like the amount of lip-syncing in my video to be low, perhaps as it is known to be done badly or be too cheesy. I will try to keep my lip-syncing minimal.


This shows that the most popular filming locations amongst my audience for an indie pop video are urban outdoors such as busy streets and studio sets. These are relatively modern options and so fit with my younger target audience. The popularity of the urban outdoor option suggests that an indie pop audience likes relatable and familiar settings and themes.


As suspected, the audience wants a mix of both mounted shots and steadicam. I bore this already in mind as I myself think too much steadicam can be sickly, even annoying whereas too many still mounted shots make the video devoid of action so a balance in my video is necessary.


This result shows a preference for the video to mostly follow the lyric. I will, for now, bare this in mind for my video.


As expected the cut is the most popular edit, probably as it is most familiar to the audience. It is somewhat surprising that the challenging, creative indie audience didn't opt for the graphic match. One respondent gave an open answer which I don't fully understand and sadly I cannot track down the person for clarification so I will have to disregard this.


I am still unsure as to whether I want to include a scene like this but if I do, it will be short.