Pages

18 Feb 2017

Ad Development

I have decided to change the layout of my magazine ad slightly based on feedback from my peers. It was suggested that having the image in a small box wouldn't show off the artist as the commodity enough and also I realised it would mean a lot of my photos would have areas cut off.


I decided to have the page in two segments: a large full photo at the top, and the text at the bottom.
This new layout meant shrinking the "smash single" and the offer lines slightly, as well as removing the release date until I could find a place to put it.


I then brought in the image from the CD cover to tie the two pieces together.


I decided to bring the release date up into the top banner, moving the web aspects to the far justified right. To reinstate its importance I scaled it up and made it bold. This was also suggested by my peers after a short questionnaire.