Pages

30 Sept 2016

Digipak Development

I have taken the digipak template and prepared it for editing in Photoshop.


First I opened the template .psd file in Photoshop and then created grid guidelines with the ruler tool along all of its edges to outline the front left, front right, inside left and inside right of my digipak.


Using these guides I then created rectangles to fill them with the rectangle tool and coloured them different colours so I could distinguish easily between them. I then masked out a side piece of the inside left quadrant to form the opening of the tube pocket as seen on the template.
I then created a custom shape using the magic wand and marquee tools to define the shape of the CD tray, filled this in white on a new layer and lowered the opacity to simulate the clear plastic.
I then created a CD sized circle tool shape according to the template and used a layer mask to make an inner portion of the disk 50% transparent, just like a real CD.
I can now change the colour or style properties of any of these shapes freely as well as add text and images. I will interview my peers next to gauge preference on colour, font and images.